Terms & conditions for our CV writing & career management services
The use of the One Stop Career Shop website, products and consultancy service, is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1) Provision of Service:
- Upon acceptance of a client order our services commence upon the issue of an invoice to the client.
- An individual consultation is then booked for the client, which is included within our pricing structure. This is to ensure full understanding of the client requirements and career history, enabling the provision of a high quality, fit for purpose, service to the client. The consultation can be provided by a variety of communication channels such as face to face, telephone or internet, as deemed most appropriate by One Stop Career Shop, in relation to the client requirements and location.
- Should the client wish to cancel, or fail to attend their scheduled consultation, the One Stop Career Shop reserves the right to cancel the client order, without refund.
- In order to ensure a high quality, bespoke career management service should the client fail to provide the required personal career information; or not to wish to have a personal consultation, the One Stop Career Shop reserves the right not to undertake the provision of service, or to cancel the client order without refund.
- After acceptance of the client order for CV Services a first draft will be produced by One Stop Career Shop, within seven working days. A working day is deemed to be Monday-Friday, excluding any Bank Holidays. These timescales are subject to the conclusion of the initial client consultation and of cleared payment being received. For our other bespoke services the specific delivery time will be agreed with the client.
- The exception to this is our Express Service which provides a first draft within 1-2 days (exact timings and pricing to be agreed on an individual basis, subject to complexity and requirements)
- Upon completion our products will be provided electronically using Microsoft Office products, in order to provide full update functionality to the client, upon the cessation of our service.
- Arrangements can be made with One Stop Career Shop for the provision of printed material (One Stop Career Shop reserves the right to make an additional charge for this service)
2) Client Satisfaction:
- Our professional CV writing service is subject to 3 revisions by the client, to ensure their total satisfaction. This excludes new information not previously submitted by the client at the time of ordering.
- Client requirements will be formally captured during the consultation, which forms the Terms of Reference for any work undertaken by One Stop Career Shop.
- Two weeks after the provision of our service we reserve the right to automatically close a client order, should there be no further updates requested by the client. In these instances it will be deemed that client satisfaction has been met.
- At the One Stop Career Shop we focus on high quality, bespoke services tailored to each individual. We do not adopt a high volume approach to our services. As such in order to maintain our high standards we reserve the right to decline the provision of our services to prospective clients.
- Payment is required in full upon placement of a client order and cleared funds are required before commencement of any of our services.
4) Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Once a client order has been accepted (by the issue of an invoice), and cleared funds have been received, the order is deemed to be in progress and is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Should the client not wish to undertake the initial consultation, or fail to attend their scheduled consultation, or not provide the required information the One Stop Career Shop reserves the right to cancel the client order. In such circumstances the order is non-refundable.
Informaton We Collect
- Professionalism and confidentiality underpins our full range of services. We are focused solely on providing a bespoke consultancy service, as such we do not share personal data unless requested to do so by the client.
- The One Stop Career Shop will collect information from the client relating to their career management requirements. This will include personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail addresses or other personal information.
- We will use this personal information to provide the client with advice and as the basis for the provision of our services.
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional information in support of your order.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your informtion including:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchase if required by tax law
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if thoe legitimate interests are not overidden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services your requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to a) respond to legal process or to government requests b) enforce our agreements terms and policies c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues or d) protect the rights, property and safety of our customers or others.
Access - you may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete - you may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. We will generally delete your personal information upon request, with the exception of where we are required to store data for legal reasons.
Object - you can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain - if you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your infomation (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Beverley Tibbles of One Stop Career Shop is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any quetions or concerns you may contact us at email@example.com.
6) Links to Other Third Party Sites:
- The One Stop Career Shop may choose to provide links to third party web sites and reference materials, to assist existing & prospective clients in formulating their career development strategies. Links to any such web sites does not imply endorsement of their content or any association with their operators.
7) Intellectual Copyright:
- All intellectual property covering the content of our services and website is owned by One Stop Career Shop. You agree to use our services and website in a way that does not infringe these rights.
- Curriculum Vitae are designed to be fully editable by the client, following the cessation of our services.
The One Stop Career Shop seeks to provide a high quality service to clients to best equip them to compete in the challenging employment market. We do not accept any responsibility for:
- a client failing to secure an employment position for which they may have applied.
- any errors, misrepresentations, financial loss or legal proceedings caused by the provision of our services.
At the One Stop Career Shop we take great pride in the provision of quality services. However should a client feel dissatisfied with any aspect of our service then we ask they please email us at the earliest opportunity, so that we can resolve any issues or concern.
10) Changes to these terms and conditions:
We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.